The Advisory Council of Queen of Angels Catholic School exists to support the effective administration, operation, and maintenance of the school; to provide a means of communication; to review and discuss programs in light of the administrative vision for the school; to develop and strengthen the financial functioning and viability of the school; and to assist the administration in the implementation of the policies of the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
The Council was established by Archdiocesan Catholic School Parent Advisory Council Constitution and By-Laws. Under these guidelines, members are appointed by the principal for a three year term after annual approval by the Archbishop. In Regional schools (Queen of Angels) the superintendent and the Archbishop are ex-officio members of the Council.
From the establishment of the Council, terms were staggered so there would be continuity in council membership over time. The Council is made up of no fewer than eight members. There are sub-committees of the council where Chairs represent each committee to the Council as one of the Council members. At Queen of Angels Catholic School, the sub-committees are: Mission Effectiveness, Finance, Advancement, Facility, Technology, Marketing, and Strategic Planning.
The Advisory Council meets four times per year (September, November, February, and May). Minutes are posted on this page within one week of the meeting date.
2019-2020 Advisory Council Members
- Mr. Brent Herrin - Chair and Strategic Planning Committee
- Mrs. Ashley Mowery - Vice Chair and Public Relations & Marketing Committee
- Mr. Rob Caiello - Marketing Committee & Facilities
- Mr. Keith Daniels - Finance Committee
- Mr. Sean Hynes - Advancement Committee
- Deacon Scott Sparks - Mission Effectiveness Committee
- Mrs. Carina Stankiewicz - Mission Effectiveness Committee
- Mrs. Jennifer Williams - Technology Committee
- Fr. Ray Cadran - At Large
- Monica Biddar - Home & School Association