History

In the late 1990's the Catholic population in North Georgia tripled. In response to the overwhelming need for Catholic education, the Archdiocese built three new schools in Alpharetta, Roswell, and Tyrone. Archbishop John Francis Donoghue named our school Queen of Angels Catholic School, with the accompanying motto: Ave Regina, Caeli et Terra. Translated from Latin it means “Hail Queen of Heaven and Earth.” The motto is taken from ancient hymns to the Blessed Virgin. The Queen of Angels Catholic School logo consists of twelve stars representing the twelve apostles. There is an “M” with an “R” in the second loop for “Regina.” The crown is symbolic of the Coronation of the Blessed Virgin and thus, her queenship.

 

Connect:

 Virtus 2

Copyright © 2014. Queen of Angels Catholic School. All Rights Reserved.
11340 Woodstock Road Roswell, GA 30075 | Phone: 770-518-1804 | Fax: 770-518-0945
Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Site Map